Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Bowl, Really?

Well most of you know that it's Superbowl Sunday tomorrow. I can't remember how many Superbowl games I've sat through over the years - you notice that I say "sat through" rather than "watched". John used to love to watch the game, even though we rarely had our Chicago Bears to root on for on that biggest football Sunday of the year. I can remember thinking that I wished we could just watch a movie, or do something else, but it was a tradition and one we always shared with other couples. Now the big day has rolled around again, but I'll be sitting in some friends kitchen talking to the ladies while the men watch the game. Isn't life funny! Now I think what a blessing it would be to sit there with the ladies (I still wouldn't watch the game!), but to be able to look into the family room and watch John enjoying the game with the guys. What an unrealized treasure to be able to just hear his voice, or catch his eye and see him smile at me, or tease him as he came for another plate of snacks. To be able to go out to a warmed car and have him hop out and open the door for me, to feel safe and cared for as we went home. Well, enough of those remembrances. Ladies! If you have a special guy in your life, and will be sitting through the game tomorrow, remember how fortunate you are. It might not hurt to go sit by him for a short time and just let him know that you're glad to be there with him.

4 comments:

  1. i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
    my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
    i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
    by only me is your doing,my darling)
    i fear
    no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
    no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
    and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
    and whatever a sun will always sing is you

    here is the deepest secret nobody knows
    (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
    higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
    and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

    i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

    and we press on my friend with the hope of eternity with the ones we love.
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Is it your own? Thanks for the encouragement. Thank God that we will all be together one day - without cancer, or any other malady experienced here. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sadly i cannot take credit for the poem. if i was that talented i wouldn't be cleaning toilets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey K, we're all cleaning toilets! Don't ever underestimate what an intelligent and insightful lady you are.

    ReplyDelete

How do you see it in your world?